Old September 16th 10, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default AFRTS GUAM.....

On Sep 15, 8:59*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:56*pm, DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 15, 5:53*pm, dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:
Although I can't find your post, I could swear you recently reported
hearing AFRTS Guam. If so, what was the time, freq, and signal level?
TNX.

'Twas not I, though I do recall someone reporting AFRTS recently...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- - OK, I sit corrected.
- - Can the person who reported AFRTS Guam
- - please answer?

- Not meaning to steal his thunder, it was RHF who reported it on
- September 4 - here is an excerpt of his (typically lengthy ;-)
post...
-
- AFN Guam "CBS News Weekend Roundup" ID
- on 5765 kHz [USB] @ 09:29 UTC
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...840703b3b261e4
- AFN =http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/ShortWave.aspx
- Hearing CBS News Weekend Roundup talking
- about Afghanistan & SoD Gates & Taliban also
- Solders playing Video Games in their ODHs
- http://feeds.cbsnews.com/podcast_weekend_1
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_News_Weekend_Roundup
- http://www.westwoodone.com/program?programID=476&ACTION%28viewProgram....
- .
- S-Meter : S3~S6 [USB] with SIO : 444
-
- Hope this helps!

That would be me "RHF" doing the reporting on
the AFN* Shortwave Transmitters that I hear up
here in the California Foothills, Twain Harte, CA.

* Note I use "AFN" and not 'AFRTS'
"AFN" -for- 'American Forces Network'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Forces_Network

Here is a Search of Rec.Radio.Shortwave