Old September 19th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Plimmer[_2_] John Plimmer[_2_] is offline

Default AFRTS GUAM.....

On Sep 16, 10:20*am, RHF wrote:
For Whatever Reason : I can 'receive' AFN Guam
[WestPac] but can not hear AFN Hawaii which
is closer to the California Foothills -while- I used
to here AFN Hawaii very well from Oakland, CA;
just a few years ago.

AFN Key West can be heard sometimes . . .

Just back from my DXpedition site at Jongensgat on the East Indian
Ocean coast. Heard:
4319usb @ 1549 AFN Diego Garcia
5675usb @ 1600 AFN Guam
8942usb @ 1455 Singapore and Manila wkg various a/c
5658usb @ 1558 Delhi wkg various a/c

Like RHF I haven't heard AFN Pearl Harbour for the last many months =
maybe they are off air?

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx