Old September 20th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default pro 2050 scanner

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:27:36 -0700, "Alex Clayton"
wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
.. .

live in montgomery county, pa...they have some info on their website,
but nothing specific. they tell you what freqs the trunking system
uses, but not what type of system it is.

It says this is Motorola Type II SmartZone. Most of this you can listen to.
Anything with an A means analog, that scanner can pick it up.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=724

cool! Thanks much!! I paid $40 for the scanner, but I don't know if
this area has been 'retrunked'...so if this works, it'll be a damn
cheap scanner. the scanner says it can copy type II systems...but
from what I've read, most radio systems have been 'retrunked'..so
we'll see

That is just the Trunked Police, They list a lot of conventional too, which
that scanner also can pick up.
There is also Fire, and a whole lot of other stuff listed there in your
area. Should keep you busy a long time.

thanks alot!