Old September 30th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DEFCON 88 DEFCON 88 is offline

Default Latest DXpedition in South Africa

On Sep 30, 6:09*am, John Plimmer wrote:

On Sep 30, 4:00*am, DEFCON 88 wrote:

Awesome! Fantastic catches. Do you know why your Kiwa loop was down
before, or did it just mysteriously start working again?

No, I don't know why the Kiwa went down. It was down for a year and I
had several goes at it with no luck.
Then I took it to a ham who had repaired it before.
He said he could find nothing wrong with it...???
So I fetched it back and now its mysteriously working perfectly again.

The big thing about the Kiwa MW Loop is it works very well, equalling
a 1000ft beverage, which is outstanding.
And its portable - I cart it around in a medium sized suitcase.
Also, its so useful as you can rotate it, thus getting signals from
various directions, like N. America and then rotate it to get Europe.
You need a separate extra beverage antenna to do that which is a huge
task, so the Kiwa is very versatile.

Pity no one else has tried to make one available commercially

JP

Copy that. I have a Kiwa loop and it is outstanding. I can sometimes
get really deep nulls from it. Yes, it's a shame that nobody sells
anything like it anymore. I'd love to see a LW version of it, but it
may require more than one loop to cover those wavelengths and size
might be an issue ... I'm not sure.