Old October 15th 10, 07:27 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Another Bob Struble ripoff - Insignia Buyers May Not Get The Picture

On Oct 15, 12:01*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 10/13/10 20:26 , RHF wrote:

On Oct 13, 4:29 pm, "D. Peter *wrote:
On 10/13/10 18:23 , SMS wrote:

On 10/13/2010 4:28 PM, dave wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/13/10 13:33 , SMS wrote:
Most people want HD in their vehicles and homes.

No. MOST people don't want Hybrid Digital Radio, at all. That's part of
the problem.

I get all the HD radio channels via AOL Radio (CBS) or I Heart Radio
(Clear Channel) at home via the web. Why bother with a costly tuner?

- - - - It's mobile where it's most important.

Yes 'Mobile' is one of the key : : :
One Transitional 'Path' for Radio Listeners to
Migrate to HD-Radios
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...32dd593ed3a925

- - - Actually, that's not true, either.
- - - Only about 30% of listening is done in the car.

- - DPM - That 30% would be a 'rough' Average with
- - a few nearer 0% and others nearer 100%
- -
- - Many people that I know who Commute to Work
- - and use their Cars/SUVs a lot : Do closer to
- - 2-out-of-3 or 3-out-of-4 of their Radio Listening
- - 15 Minute Segments in their Autos and usually
- - Only Listen to the Radio in the AM Hours prior
- - to leaving for Work. *Many/Most can not have
- - a Radio 'On' during Working Hours. *At Home
- - after Work, they are TV Watchers' and the
- - Radio waits... until the next morning. ~ RHF

- You miss what I'm saying, Roy. *Damned near everyone uses radio in a
- car. But that's listening only in the car. And that usage only comes
- to about 30% of the total usage of radio. The other 70% of
- listening, according to research, including the ratings surveys, is
- done at home, at work, or other usage that's not in cars. The bulk
- of it being done in the home.
-
- * *Automobile listening is actually a secondary usage of radio.

DPM - No I do understand and agree with what
you are saying : That On-Average the Averages
tell us that roughly 30% of the 15 Minute Radio
Listening Segments are done in-the-automobile.
Based on the larger 'great sample' population.
-but- What I was simply point-out was that within
the big sample were 'individuals' who were closer
to the extremes 0% and 100%; and identified one
radio listening lifestyle* that could account for that.

* Note my Sister will not have a Radio 'On' when
she is Driving her SUV; and I use a Pocket Radio
with Headphones when I am a Passenger in her Car.

~ RHF