Old October 16th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default New Sangean receiver!

On Oct 15, 3:09*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:47:57 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen

wrote:
On Oct 15, 2:16*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:08:11 -0500, aezael wrote:
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 23:13:51 -0600, m II wrote:

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

mike
*Mike I bought a Sangean 909 and never used it just to have a
reliable short wave portable receiver, after 3 months I powered it up
and found that the speaker was very distorted, when I complained to
the company I found that they would not give me any information
other than they would repair the problem for $152.00.

I will never buy a Sangean product again.

Have you tried it with an external speaker or headphones to see if its
got a bad speaker? At least it might not be a total loss.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

My 909 worked quite well out of the box - works even better now with
the RadioLabs improvements. *A fun RX.

Bruce Jensen

Hey, there's an idea - send that 909 over to Radio Labs for repair.
They charge $40 +shipping for basic repair. Should be less than $150 -
they only charge $109 for the super 909 mods.https://www.radiolabs.com/repair/sangean.html

Jim

The RadioLabs repair used to include a fine new speaker.