Old August 8th 10, 05:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New Sangean receiver!

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.
Old August 8th 10, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

mike
Old August 8th 10, 07:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

http://www.grove-ent.com/909x.html

Question for a schoolboy:
How does one get 406 presets??

http://www.sangean.com/news/files/Ke...f_ATS-909X.pdf

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk

Old August 8th 10, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

user wrote:
m II wrote:

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

http://www.grove-ent.com/909x.html

Question for a schoolboy:
How does one get 406 presets??

http://www.sangean.com/news/files/Ke...f_ATS-909X.pdf

$260? I'll bet they're praying for sunspots.
Old October 15th 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 23:13:51 -0600, m II wrote:

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

mike

Mike I bought a Sangean 909 and never used it just to have a
reliable short wave portable receiver, after 3 months I powered it up
and found that the speaker was very distorted, when I complained to
the company I found that they would not give me any information
other than they would repair the problem for $152.00.

I will never buy a Sangean product again.

Old October 15th 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15/10/2010 11:08 AM, aezael wrote:
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 23:13:51 -0600, m wrote:

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

mike

Mike I bought a Sangean 909 and never used it just to have a
reliable short wave portable receiver, after 3 months I powered it up
and found that the speaker was very distorted, when I complained to
the company I found that they would not give me any information
other than they would repair the problem for $152.00.

You have to PAY to repair a faulty new product on? Don't you get a
standard 12 month warranty in your country? Were you complaining to
Sangean or to the company from which you bought the radio?

I will never buy a Sangean product again.

Sangean radios are not top end products. You buy them and immediately
check them out upon getting them home. That way you can immediately
return it to the shop if faulty and get a replacement. That said, my 505
works adequately though I admit I rarely use it for shortwave. It looks
cheap and plasticky and it's my AM/FM general purpose unit for when I am
working outside or in the garage as it has better audio than my Sony
SW7600. Horses for courses I guess

Krypsis

Old October 15th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

mike

Mike I bought a Sangean 909 and never used it just to have a
reliable short wave portable receiver, after 3 months I powered it up
and found that the speaker was very distorted, when I complained to
the company I found that they would not give me any information
other than they would repair the problem for $152.00.

I will never buy a Sangean product again.

Have you tried it with an external speaker or headphones to see if its
got a bad speaker? At least it might not be a total loss.

Jim
Old October 16th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 15, 3:09*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:47:57 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen

wrote:

Model 909X is to be released later this year,according to R.Netherland
's Media Network.

Any specifications given? How does it compare to the normal 909 ?
I've been pretty with mine so far...

mike
*Mike I bought a Sangean 909 and never used it just to have a
reliable short wave portable receiver, after 3 months I powered it up
and found that the speaker was very distorted, when I complained to
the company I found that they would not give me any information
other than they would repair the problem for $152.00.

I will never buy a Sangean product again.

Have you tried it with an external speaker or headphones to see if its
got a bad speaker? At least it might not be a total loss.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

My 909 worked quite well out of the box - works even better now with
the RadioLabs improvements. *A fun RX.

Bruce Jensen

Hey, there's an idea - send that 909 over to Radio Labs for repair.
They charge $40 +shipping for basic repair. Should be less than $150 -
they only charge $109 for the super 909 mods.https://www.radiolabs.com/repair/sangean.html

Jim

The RadioLabs repair used to include a fine new speaker.