Old October 31st 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Help High swr

On Oct 29, 7:34*pm, tom wrote:
On 10/29/2010 4:21 PM, JIMMIE wrote:

http://www.hamuniverse.com/nvisbeam.html

This is where I got the idea, Lots of other info on various designs
just by googling NVIS antenna. I usually do 40M as the antenna for 75M
is often impractical to put up but I have one just in case. There is
one place I could probably put up one for 75 over a pond.

Jimmie

Thanks.

tom
K0TAR

If you get one put together let me know how it works for you . My
operation have been very sporatic and I really cant compare it well
with anyting. I would think operation would be best when both stations
are using NVIS antennas but I have yet to communicate with someone who
was doing the same. I have made contacts on this antenna when another
antenna an 18ft vertical was just dead quiet, Location was in a
campsite in a valley near Boone NC.

Jimmie