Old November 3rd 10, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KD7HB KD7HB is offline

Default Distance to Fault

On Nov 2, 11:22*pm, ashwanthh
wrote:
Hi all,

For my project, I want to perform Distance to fault measurement in the
cable connecting the antenna. The principle is that a signal should be
sent to the cable and using the forward and reflected voltage VSWR
should be calculated and should be viewed in a spectrum analyzer. My
question is

1. *What transducer is used to detect the transmitted/reflected signals
from the cable?

2. Should the transducer be connected in series or parallel?

Anyone, Please help

--
ashwanthh

No transducer. Use an oscilloscope to measure the time between the
emitted pulse and the reflection of the same.

KD7HB