Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3rd 10, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Distance to Fault

On Nov 2, 11:22*pm, ashwanthh
wrote:
Hi all,

For my project, I want to perform Distance to fault measurement in the
cable connecting the antenna. The principle is that a signal should be
sent to the cable and using the forward and reflected voltage VSWR
should be calculated and should be viewed in a spectrum analyzer. My
question is

1. *What transducer is used to detect the transmitted/reflected signals
from the cable?

2. Should the transducer be connected in series or parallel?

Anyone, Please help

--
ashwanthh

No transducer. Use an oscilloscope to measure the time between the
emitted pulse and the reflection of the same.

KD7HB

Bushes Fault Dan Shortwave 10 October 4th 05 12:36 AM
Help with TS711 fault Jack VK2CJC General 0 May 29th 05 09:36 AM
FT 480R fault - 147.000 MHz on TX Airy R. Bean Homebrew 9 June 28th 04 08:41 AM
RA17 Fault-Help Please AMWalmsley Shortwave 0 May 19th 04 03:14 PM
RA17-FAULT, Help please AMWalmsley Boatanchors 0 May 19th 04 03:13 PM