Old November 7th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
dave dave is offline

Default Power Supply?

Ralph Mowery wrote:

I guess that you know you can go to www.qrz.com and take some practice
tests. When you get to the 90% mark you should be ready for the real test.

I used these an Gordon West's Extra book to go from no license to
Amateur Extra in 5 weeks. Of course when I took my Extra test at Grumman
their were 12 year old Asian middle-schoolers getting theirs.

I didn't look for a VE until I was at 100% on 3 consecutive tries on the
practice exams. The FCC tests are easier than the practice exams.