Old November 23rd 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Barts[_2_] David Barts[_2_] is offline

Default Drake R8B Tuning Technique Saves Encoder Wear

It makes me wonder why Drake chose to use an electromechanical encoder
for the tuning knob when optoelectronic ones are easily available. The
Lowe HF-150 (which if my memory serves was manufactured during
approximately the same period) uses one, and I'm reasonably certain it
sold at a lower price point than the Drake.

--
David Barts
Portland, OR