Old December 16th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default antenna physics question

On Dec 15, 11:13*pm, wrote:
K1TTT wrote:
On Dec 15, 8:49*pm, wrote:
Registered User wrote:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:29:12 -0000, wrote:

Registered User wrote:
The IEEE Standard Definitions Terms for Antennas (IEEE Std 145-1993)
provides no definition for 'antenna efficiency' per se.

So what?

snip babble

The post concerning "a unique and unambigous definition" which "can be
found in any textbook on electromagnetics" and subsequent
back-pedaling appears to fit that model. Your "So what?" provides the
meh.

Yeah, the "back-pedaling" which consisted of changing "any textbook" to
"many textbooks".

And nowhere did I reference any standard, IEEE, ISO, or any other standards
body.

well, maybe you should have... after all, some of us do use things
written by those bodies. *some of us help write and test those
standards. *and it sure would be nice if we could refer to a standard
way of describing antenna performance.

If I were you I would be more concerned why so many of you posts appear
twice.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

i think i have figured that out... if i post to the group it takes me
right back to reading messages... and then if i do a refresh it must
try to do the same post it just did since that is how it got to the
current page. i'll try to remember to go back to the message list
first which seems to avoid that problem.