Old December 21st 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Late 18th Century Rural Distractions : Bocce Ball & Lawn Bowling& Nine Pins

On Dec 21, 8:15*am, wrote:
http://www.devilfinder.com
History of Lawn Bowling

(and Sewing Machines too)

I don't think anybody around here does any Lawn Bowling.I do Lawn Mowing
when it needs it.

Show me where that lawn mower oil drain plug is!
cuhulin

Quite a few people up here do "Bocce Ball"
in the open air . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bocce_Ball

-related-to- "Bowls" -aka- Lawn Bowling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowls

Use to be a Lawn Bowling Club at Lake Merritt
in Oakland where you could see the Lawn Bowlers
dressed in their 'Whites' playing on 'The Green' )
http://oaklandbowls.homestead.com/
http://oaklandnorth.net/2009/09/21/g...e-at-the-lake/

The Old Town 'Bowling Green' : The Original Field-of-Dreams . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...959d6b73f8c0b4
Nine-Pin {Yard} Bowling -wrt- "Skittles"