Old December 30th 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Burr[_2_] Burr[_2_] is offline

Default Shortwave is doing great

have you tried putting up a "Baloon Antenna?

--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean.

I'm a member of The Tea Party, I VOTE

"John Plimmer" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 8:10 pm, "Just Curious" wrote:
Hi John, I am curious about the trees in front of your home, what are hey?
also see you are surrounded by mountains, does that disturb your SWL
activities? I was using google earth, you probably guessed. Just Curious.

They are just decorative small trees planted all a long the street by
the municipality for shade and ornamentation.

Yes, my house is at 236 meters high and the mountains tower 1400
meters above me (770/4600ft).
So effectively the low angle far off DX signals get blocked and
reception in Montagu is awful.
Hence my going to the coast twice a year at the equinoxes for special
"sea gain" effect super DXing.

JP