Old January 8th 11, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Indoor Two-Wire "Portable Wire Antenna" [PWA] -by- Tom Sevart [N2UHC]-Info-at- New WebSite 'Reo Cities .Com'

On Jan 5, 2:08*am, RHF wrote:
On Jan 4, 6:35*pm, garrett1415
wrote:

- I was interested in constructing a PWA antenna
- as described he
-http://www.radiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80060
-
- I noticed that the website hosting the main instructions
- is now out of service, and I was wonder if anyone could
- describe to me how to build such an antenna.
-
- Thanks!
-
- --
- garrett1415

Garret 1415,

Sorry that the "Geo Cities . Com" website is gone
and the Link/URL is no longer any good.

Presently the INFO on the Portable Wire Antenna [PWA]
can be found at "Reo Cities .Com"

Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] -by- Tom Sevart [N2UHC]http://www.reocities.com/n2uhc/portablewire.html

The full description of the Portable Wire Antenna
[PWA] is there.

However the Image/Drawing/Photo of the *Portable
Wire Antenna [PWA] does not come-up for me.

Besides Wire for the Antenna Wire Element : You
will need a Plastic Tube to wrap some of the Wire
around. *I found that one of the larger Pet Store
chains " PetCo, PetsMart, PetClub, PetLand, etc...
Has clear Plastic Tubing in the Fish/Aquarium section.
1st find something round like a pencil, pen that is
as large around or slightly larger than the thickest
part of your Radio's Whip Antenna to use as a
Sizing Gauge to select your Plastic Tubing.
2nd go to the Store and select your Tubing.
3rd follow the instructions/directions/guidance at :

Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] -by- Tom Sevart [N2UHC]http://www.reocities.com/n2uhc/portablewire.html

-more- Tom Sevart [N2UHC] -Web-Pages-http://www.reocities.com/n2uhc/index..html
-source- Reo Cities .Com

*IF* You are just using a short/small 15~25 Foot
Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] Indoors {In-the-Room}
with a 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio running
on batteries : Then a 'Ground' should not be needed.

However -if- You are using a longer/bigger 30~45 Foot
Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] Outdoors {Out-Side}
with a 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio using an
AC-to-DC Adapter : Then a 'Ground' Wire should be
used with the PWA Antenna and Radio for Safety.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
*.
*.

Twin (2) Wire Portable Wire Antenna [PWA]
-first- For "Indoors" Use : Take your standard
roll of Hook-Up Wire from RadioShack

75-Ft. UL-Recognized Hook-Up Wire* (20 AWG)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049740
* Insulated and Stranded Copper Wire

From a Corner of a Room measure the Length
of one wall and the Length of the adjacent wall.
Add 15 Feet to these two Lengths = Total Length.
Wall #1 = 10Ft + Wall #2 = 12Ft + 15 Ft = 37 Ft.

Using a 12 Inch Plastic Tube that Slides-Over
{fits-over} your Radio's Whip Antenna.

Find the 'Center' {mid-point} of the Length of Wire.
Use Black Electrical Tape to Tape this 'Center'
to the Bottom-End of the Plastic Tube; and Laying
the Wire Flat along the Tube Tape the Wire to the
Top-End of the Tube. Starting at the Bottom-End
with the piece of of the end of the Wire that is
un-Taped : Wrap the Wire around the Tube for 30~45
Turns either colse together {tight} -or- about one Wire
Diameter apart {spaced}. -our-choice- Tape the Wire
when you reach the Top-end of the Tube.

Now with both Wires at the Top-End of the of Tube :
Twist the two wires together for 6~7 Feet; and Tie a
Loop Knot in them. Take the remaining Lengths of
the two Wires and Tie a Loop Knot in each.

Use the Double-Wire Loop Knot to secure the Wires
to the Corner where the Wall meets the Ceiling.

Use the Loop Knots in the Wire Ends to secure the
one-each of the Wires tightly to one-each of the
Adjacent Corners where the Wall meets the Ceiling.

Just slip the Tube over the partially-extended {12 Inches}
Radio's Whip Antenna :Functions like a Dipole Antenna
and No-Ground is required.

~ RHF