Old January 5th 11, 02:35 AM
Junior Member

Default PWA Antenna

I was interested in constructing a PWA antenna as described he
http://www.radiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80060

I noticed that the website hosting the main instructions is now out of service, and I was wonder if anyone could describe to me how to build such an antenna.

Thanks!
Old January 5th 11, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default PWA Antenna & Time Travel

On 01/06/2011 01:05 AM, John Smith wrote:
On 1/4/2011 6:35 PM, garrett1415 wrote:
I was interested in constructing a PWA antenna as described he
http://www.radiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80060

I noticed that the website hosting the main instructions is now out of
service, and I was wonder if anyone could describe to me how to build
such an antenna.

Thanks!

If the page is gone, but existed in the past, on the net, simply use the
"Wayback Machine." Journey back to the date when the page existed and
view it.

You can fine the Wayback Machine he
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Good luck in your time travels ...

Regards,
JS

It seems the only people who can actually lose computer data lately is
the Bush White House.

Old January 5th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/4/2011 6:35 PM, garrett1415 wrote:
I was interested in constructing a PWA antenna as described he
http://www.radiobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80060

I noticed that the website hosting the main instructions is now out of
service, and I was wonder if anyone could describe to me how to build
such an antenna.

Thanks!

Here is the geocites link/URL done for you:
http://web.archive.org/web/200910220...tablewire.html

You can do the rest ...

Regards,
JS

Old January 5th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/4/2011 9:35 PM, dave wrote:

It seems the only people who can actually lose computer data lately is
the Bush White House.

And, another one WAKES UP COMPLETELY!

However, Obama is pretty good at helping ... later on we will more,
fully, understand his crimes ...

Regards,
JS

Old January 5th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default "Portable Wire Antenna" [PWA] -by- Tom Sevart [N2UHC] -Info-at-New WebSite 'Reo Cities .Com'

On Jan 5, 2:08*am, RHF wrote:

-
- I noticed that the website hosting the main instructions
- is now out of service, and I was wonder if anyone could
- describe to me how to build such an antenna.
-
- Thanks!
-
- --
- garrett1415

Garret 1415,

Sorry that the "Geo Cities . Com" website is gone
and the Link/URL is no longer any good.

Presently the INFO on the Portable Wire Antenna [PWA]
can be found at "Reo Cities .Com"

Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] -by- Tom Sevart [N2UHC]http://www.reocities.com/n2uhc/portablewire.html

The full description of the Portable Wire Antenna
[PWA] is there.

- However the Image/Drawing/Photo of the *Portable
- Wire Antenna [PWA] does not come-up for me.

http://web.archive.org/web/200910220...rtablewire.jpg

Besides Wire for the Antenna Wire Element : You
will need a Plastic Tube to wrap some of the Wire
around. *I found that one of the larger Pet Store
chains " PetCo, PetsMart, PetClub, PetLand, etc...
Has clear Plastic Tubing in the Fish/Aquarium section.
1st find something round like a pencil, pen that is
as large around or slightly larger than the thickest
part of your Radio's Whip Antenna to use as a
Sizing Gauge to select your Plastic Tubing.
2nd go to the Store and select your Tubing.
3rd follow the instructions/directions/guidance at :

Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] -by- Tom Sevart [N2UHC]http://www.reocities.com/n2uhc/portablewire.html

-more- Tom Sevart [N2UHC] -Web-Pages-http://www.reocities.com/n2uhc/index..html
-source- Reo Cities .Com

*IF* You are just using a short/small 15~25 Foot
Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] Indoors {In-the-Room}
with a 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio running
on batteries : Then a 'Ground' should not be needed.

However -if- You are using a longer/bigger 30~45 Foot
Portable Wire Antenna [PWA] Outdoors {Out-Side}
with a 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio using an
AC-to-DC Adapter : Then a 'Ground' Wire should be
used with the PWA Antenna and Radio for Safety.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
*.
*.

Old January 8th 11, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 5, 2:08*am, RHF wrote:
On Jan 4, 6:35*pm, garrett1415
wrote:

[...]

Twin (2) Wire Portable Wire Antenna [PWA]
-first- For "Indoors" Use : Take your standard
roll of Hook-Up Wire from RadioShack

75-Ft. UL-Recognized Hook-Up Wire* (20 AWG)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049740
* Insulated and Stranded Copper Wire

From a Corner of a Room measure the Length
of one wall and the Length of the adjacent wall.
Add 15 Feet to these two Lengths = Total Length.
Wall #1 = 10Ft + Wall #2 = 12Ft + 15 Ft = 37 Ft.

Using a 12 Inch Plastic Tube that Slides-Over
{fits-over} your Radio's Whip Antenna.

Find the 'Center' {mid-point} of the Length of Wire.
Use Black Electrical Tape to Tape this 'Center'
to the Bottom-End of the Plastic Tube; and Laying
the Wire Flat along the Tube Tape the Wire to the
Top-End of the Tube. Starting at the Bottom-End
with the piece of of the end of the Wire that is
un-Taped : Wrap the Wire around the Tube for 30~45
Turns either colse together {tight} -or- about one Wire
Diameter apart {spaced}. -our-choice- Tape the Wire
when you reach the Top-end of the Tube.

Now with both Wires at the Top-End of the of Tube :
Twist the two wires together for 6~7 Feet; and Tie a
Loop Knot in them. Take the remaining Lengths of
the two Wires and Tie a Loop Knot in each.

Use the Double-Wire Loop Knot to secure the Wires
to the Corner where the Wall meets the Ceiling.

Use the Loop Knots in the Wire Ends to secure the
one-each of the Wires tightly to one-each of the
Adjacent Corners where the Wall meets the Ceiling.

Just slip the Tube over the partially-extended {12 Inches}
Radio's Whip Antenna :Functions like a Dipole Antenna
and No-Ground is required.

~ RHF