Old February 4th 11, 11:46 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Hobby View Post
I have a Regency R1080 scanner. It scans good, it programs good, but when it stops on a station you can not hardly understand the audio, I have replaced the output audio IC chip LM386 and all of the capacitors around it, plus the speaker. That made no difference. It seems worse on UHF, where all you can hear is the carrier and the audio seems non existent, but on the wx channels you can hear audio, but almost so distorted as unable to understand.
I would sincerely appreciate any thoughts that you may have. Thank you.... Claude WB4WHH
You did all that work and yet you don't know how to use spell check?

Maybe the scanner is junk and needs to be replaced.
How old is this scanner?
internet says it was made in the late 80's...
Where is your location?

Last edited by Channel Jumper : February 4th 11 at 11:51 PM