Old February 14th 11, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Micronesia - The Cross 4755.4

On Feb 13, 7:21*pm, RHF wrote:
On Feb 12, 10:09*pm, bpnjensen wrote:

On Feb 12, 4:54*am, dxAce wrote:

ID heard at 0958 and they pulled the plug around 1045. 12 February.

dxAce wrote:
This morning they left the air at around 1125.

dxAce wrote:

Micronesia, The Cross, 4755.4, heard here this morning with ID at 0958.
Checking the frequency several times after that they seemingly left the air
around 1045 or so, OR propagation took a big dive.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- I had a faint carrier from them and even fainter modulation about
0830
- on Feb. 12. *They were nearly co-channel with another station
- (thinking it was 4755 R.Imaculada Conceicao, Brazil). *
- Neither could be heard well enough to identify the language.

BpnJ - Ditto Here ~ RHF
*.

Actually had a better copy on them last night (morning). Could hear
voices and music...not *quite* enough to ID anything. A recording
would have been able to confirm the sequence better than my ears and
words.

I have work at 6:30 tomorrow morning, but I am tempted to try again a
few minutes late tonight. Noting that they accept MP3s by e-mail, I e-
mailed asking them if they'd accept a cassette tape. We'll see what
they say.

Bruce