Old February 24th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Kasupski[_3_] John Kasupski[_3_] is offline

Default regency R1090

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:23:10 -0800, Bob Dobbs wrote:

John Szalay wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote in news:4d657f5a.2121546
@chupacabra:

armymseop wrote:

I am having an error coming up how do i fix this

thanks

With a hammer?

AH, be gentle,
he may want to keep it, like I keep one old analog
scanner around to monitor the marine channels on the river..

I ended my comment with an interrogative point
since I didn't know the cause of his issue,
being somewhat facetious at that,
but I agree that it's good to have some sort of receiver on hand,
even older conventional scanners for maritime as you say
plus amateur repeaters, railroads, weather etc.

A radio that still works is a potentially useful radio...provided, I suppose,
that it's not a spark-gap transmitter. grin

I have a BCD396T, a BCT-8, and a PRO-94, all trunking scanners and of course the
396T is a digital trunking scanner.

Nevertheless, the bulk of my public safety monitoring is done on one of my two
PRO-2045s, and all of my military airband listening is done on the other 2045.

I have three other conventional handhelds that get used for various special
tasks such as marine VHF, utility companies, etc.

I even have an old rockbound Regency that I still use for monitoring a local ham
repeater that retransmits the UHF downlink frequency for a couple of amateur
satellites during each pass when this area is in the footprint. Makes it a lot
easier to work guys through the sat when you don't have to track the bird to
hear the downlink. :-)

But when an old analog scanner no longer works...hey, working models are
practically a dime a dozen on E-Bay and at hamfests. I won't waste much time or
any money tryng to resurrect a dead one...that's time and money and can find
much better uses for.

I vote against "hammer" though - I'd rather take it out to the back 40 with my
..22 and use it for target practice!

John Kasupski, W2PIO
Tonawanda, NY