Old February 23rd 11, 01:22 PM
Junior Member

Default regency R1090

I am having an error coming up how do i fix this

thanks
Old February 23rd 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

armymseop wrote in
:

I am having an error coming up how do i fix this

thanks

A Personal opinion,,

That depends on where you live and what you monitor.

In many cases now, with the change to digital systems
for emergency services.
If you lived in our metro area,its really better to sit
it on a shelf and purchase a new digital scanner..
rather than put any cash into repairs, if needed

Not familiar with that model. but the first thing I
would check, would be the backup battery IF that model had
one. If it has one, & Its more than a year old, change it.

I know the older programmable scanners that I had
(both table & handhled models )
the battery getting old or low voltage would result in
the error message , and lost freqs/channels.

(got several old scanners that are pretty much useless
now, with the shift to digital. (both Rat-shack & Bearcat))

Using a digital now and NOT really pleased with the audio
quality at all. normal digital radios sound great,
but the scanner folks are not up to speed on the new stuff yet.
perhaps when this one wears out, they will have fixed that issue.

Old February 23rd 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Bob Dobbs wrote in news:4d657f5a.2121546
@chupacabra:

armymseop wrote:

I am having an error coming up how do i fix this

thanks

With a hammer?

AH, be gentle,
he may want to keep it, like I keep one old analog
scanner around to monitor the marine channels on the river..
Old February 24th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Bob Dobbs wrote in news:4d6594d4.7620046@
but I agree that it's good to have some sort of receiver on hand,
even older conventional scanners for maritime as you say
plus amateur repeaters, railroads, weather etc.

Thats one of the great things about the new breed of scanners
while older units will get the weather, the new one has the
SAME decoder built in, so once you set the codes for your area, you
don,t have to deal with weather alerts for the whole state..
I set the codes for our metro plus the closest surrounding counties.
and leave it on in SAME setting during possible rough weather.

Old February 24th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

armymseop wrote:

I am having an error coming up how do i fix this

thanks

With a hammer?

AH, be gentle,
he may want to keep it, like I keep one old analog
scanner around to monitor the marine channels on the river..

I ended my comment with an interrogative point
since I didn't know the cause of his issue,
being somewhat facetious at that,
but I agree that it's good to have some sort of receiver on hand,
even older conventional scanners for maritime as you say
plus amateur repeaters, railroads, weather etc.

A radio that still works is a potentially useful radio...provided, I suppose,
that it's not a spark-gap transmitter. grin

I have a BCD396T, a BCT-8, and a PRO-94, all trunking scanners and of course the
396T is a digital trunking scanner.

Nevertheless, the bulk of my public safety monitoring is done on one of my two
PRO-2045s, and all of my military airband listening is done on the other 2045.

I have three other conventional handhelds that get used for various special
tasks such as marine VHF, utility companies, etc.

I even have an old rockbound Regency that I still use for monitoring a local ham
repeater that retransmits the UHF downlink frequency for a couple of amateur
satellites during each pass when this area is in the footprint. Makes it a lot
easier to work guys through the sat when you don't have to track the bird to
hear the downlink. :-)

But when an old analog scanner no longer works...hey, working models are
practically a dime a dozen on E-Bay and at hamfests. I won't waste much time or
any money tryng to resurrect a dead one...that's time and money and can find
much better uses for.

I vote against "hammer" though - I'd rather take it out to the back 40 with my
..22 and use it for target practice!

John Kasupski, W2PIO
Tonawanda, NY

WTB Old Regency Hunchy Swap 0 June 8th 06 01:35 AM
Programming a R1090 JMS Scanner 0 February 1st 05 04:12 PM
Regency HR-2A KU2S Equipment 22 November 22nd 03 04:10 PM
Regency HR-2A KU2S Equipment 0 November 18th 03 04:51 AM
Regency Earl Nunn Swap 0 August 9th 03 01:46 AM