Old March 17th 11, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John - KD5YI[_3_] John - KD5YI[_3_] is offline

Default Ping amdx

On 3/17/2011 9:27 AM, amdx wrote:
"John - wrote in message
Mike -

What are you working on now? Your projects interest me.

Cheers,
John

I'm sorry to say that working for a living gets in the way, of my important
to me work :-)
Add to that a few household projects, such as building a fence around one
side of the house,
and some other minor repairs, I haven't had much time.

That's understandable. Well, you can look forward to retirement, then.

I'm still on a quest for a high Q inductor of about 240uh. I hope to hit
2000. That involves
building a new polystyrene frame and two or three bundles of 660/46 litz
wire.

I'm interested in not only whether you achieve your goal, but your
trials and tribulations along the way. Please keep us informed as your
time permits.

I still want to finish the high input impedance amp I had questions
about. I have three PCB's
with the basic amp so one will be with a 0,3pf input cap to 20 Meg and a fet
gate. Another
will be a bootstraped input which as I understand, should be better. The
third is unknown,
If I get the bootstrap working well, I may finish the third and try to sell
it on a crystal radio group.

I'm also very interested in the amp as an aid to achieving your goal.
For some reason, I'm a bit leery about it. However, your progressive
story might change that.

Summer is the busy time for my business, so I won't get much important
work :-) done for a while.

I have a flag antenna up in my yard.
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...P1010128-1.jpg

(Basic Flag antenna info, if your not aware,
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...lag/index.html)

Is that a metal mast and how close is the bottom antenna wire? It looks
as if the antenna wire is insulated. Yes?

When I built the antenna, the idea was fairly new and I figured there would
be some changes to the design,
with that in mind I built it so I could tilt the crossbeam for easy access
to the matching transformer and
termination resistor. This assembly allows me to tilt the crossbeam.
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/P1010135.jpg

Interesting. You seem to be good at mechanical stuff. I am lousy.

By pulling on a rope, the pin slides and allows the tilt.
The mast is also on a rotor.
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/P1010129.jpg

There have been a few improvements, such as the Waller,
http://www.n4is.com/waller/BIG_DUAL_LOOP.html
But I have made any changes to mine.
Time to get to work.
Later, Mike
PS. have ya seen my electric gokart? :-)

No. Aren't all go carts electric?

Cheers,
John