Old April 1st 11, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Antenna Modification Advice

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:46:22 -0500, tom wrote:

http://www.arrowantenna.info/osj/j-pole.html

This design works moderately well. Drive the 19.25 inch element. The 51
inch element is the radiator on 2m, the 6.xx inch element makes the
19.25 inch one radiate on 440. The thing isn't great on 440 because the
51 inch portion is there. It is rugged though.

I built a duplicate, which you can do if you look at all the parts pages
on the site. The main problem, same as all J poles, is common mode
current issues on the feedline.

tom
K0TAR

Sorry, missed the part where you already have this antenna. My fault
for not reading the whole post until after I responded.

Hi Tom,

Your suggestion would have been my choice too - except for Tom's first
purchase choice. The open stub has always seemed to be a more natural
feed method.

The addition of the parasitic radiator is still an option for any
design.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC