Old April 2nd 04, 10:26 PM
Paul_Morphy

"Mark D." wrote in message
I came across a very large 7C23 vacuum tube and know nothing about it.
Could anyone let me know what the specs are on this thing? It's got a
wiring connections guide printed on the side of the heat sink but it's
rubbed off over the years and I can't read it. Does anyone know how to
wire this thing? Any other help you could give on it is appreciated.

This company is selling them for a paltry $425.00 used.

http://www.tubesontheweb.com/TU06.HTM

It is also known as a type 5680. For the $425.00 you will get when you find
a buyer, you can buy an old ARRL Handbook and look up the specs.

Meanwhile, scroll down to the bottom of

http://wordindex.sourceforge.net/tes...52/094-135.col

where it says "A pulse triode used in radar modulators and similar
applications. Used to switch a very high voltage (20-30 kV) and moderate
currents (tens of amps)at a low duty cycle. Used to drive a magnetron.

"These kind of tubes are often poor performers as modern ham amp tubes, as
they are usually quite non-linear. They might be better suited to class
Camplifiers. I have heard that this type of tube is very good for a tesla
coil driver, if you are into that sorta stuff."

Google is your friend.

"PM"