Old February 27th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Karsten H. Karsten H. is offline

Default Let's have some fun with phonetics

Gerard R. Oppewal wrote:
"Bill Horne, W1AC" schreef in bericht
Fellow ham,

My brother has just gotten his license.

He is now KB3OPR. I'd like to see some imaginative possibilities for
phonetics - within the bounds of good taste, of course. ;-)

Already taken:

Odd Person Rambling
Old Parent, Retired

Odd Person Receiving
Oh, Please: Rise!
Omen Precedes Rapture

Bill W1AC

Want One Alternative Companion?

73, Gerard - PE1OUD

E-mail:

My guess is that odd phonetics mostly are used within more local
places/countries. F.inst. my call OZ1GB correctly Golf Bravo is often
changed to Great Britain or Greenland Boston. The "OZ" is not always used
within the country because so far we only utilize one prefix.

The nicknames are also used as alternatives for better perception under
difficult conditions.

73, Karsten, OZ1GB