Old February 27th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Let's have some fun with phonetics

Gerard R. Oppewal wrote:
"Bill Horne, W1AC" schreef in bericht
Fellow ham,

My brother has just gotten his license.

He is now KB3OPR. I'd like to see some imaginative possibilities for
phonetics - within the bounds of good taste, of course. ;-)

Already taken:

Odd Person Rambling
Old Parent, Retired

Odd Person Receiving
Oh, Please: Rise!
Omen Precedes Rapture

Bill W1AC

Want One Alternative Companion?

73, Gerard - PE1OUD

E-mail:

My guess is that odd phonetics mostly are used within more local
places/countries. F.inst. my call OZ1GB correctly Golf Bravo is often
changed to Great Britain or Greenland Boston. The "OZ" is not always used
within the country because so far we only utilize one prefix.

The nicknames are also used as alternatives for better perception under
difficult conditions.

73, Karsten, OZ1GB

Old February 28th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Hi everyone:

FWIW....I'm known as the following (Mostly because nothing else seemed to
make sense).

Kilo (Or Kilowatt) Bravo ZERO Obnoxious Xray Device (Or KB0OXD, my current
call).

For my old call, which I changed in an attempt to try to land KB0PAT or
KB0PDC (The latter being my initials) when the N0 calls ran out and the KB0
were rapidly approaching the KB0P** region, I was known as the following
(Again becaise it was the only thing that seemed to make any amount of
sense).

November ZERO Slimey Milli Watt (Or N0SMW, which was my original call when I
was first licensed).

Credit BTW goes to O.J., K0OJ for coming up with both of those.

That's my story.

Cheers & 73

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Denver, Colorado
WEBSITE - http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/
**NEW VIDEO SECTION - http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/cybershacktv/

WRONG PHONETICS JDer8745 General 34 October 25th 03 02:10 PM
More on the NATO Phonetics Caveat Lector Dx 16 September 29th 03 03:23 PM
More on the NATO Phonetics Caveat Lector Dx 0 September 21st 03 04:34 PM
WRONG PHONETICS Caveat Lector Dx 1 September 21st 03 04:22 PM
WRONG PHONETICS JDer8745 General 0 September 21st 03 03:23 PM