Old March 5th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Exam session attendance

On Mar 4, 7:24 pm, Mike Coslo wrote:
"Dee Flint" wrote m:

To support other teams in this area, I participated in their VE
sessions this weekend. Already the flurry of applicants has dropped
and attendance is close to that of pre-Feb 23 levels. I hope it is
just this area that is seeing this phenomenon.

That isn't too surprising. The first several months are likely to
be upgrades from people who paid attention to the change in testing.

I suspect the next batch will be Hams that found out about the
change right around now. This group will be upgrading about 6 - 12 months
from the change.

Absolutely new people won't be testing until around a year from
now.

This is all give or take a bit. In our area, we are averaging a
little over 1 per month, even before the change. I consider that good
growth.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Well time will tell. When I have occasion to mention ham radio, the
what the requirements are. Changing the requirements won't change
that.

Dee, N8UZE