Old March 16th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default Public service and ham radio

"Steve Bonine" wrote in message

wrote:
On Mar 14, 5:20 pm, Steve Bonine wrote:

I don't object if others
choose to participate in parades. I trust that they
won't object if I choose not to do so.

I certainly don't object. You've described other things
that you chose to do. The thing that I object to is the
folks who say that they don't have time to participate in
training, but "I'll be there if you need me in an
emergency."

Sorry, but I'm one of those. I *don't* have time, I have a full time job
and I volunteer for an animal rescue charity at the weekends, plus all the
normal family/household things that most people do. Besides, what training
is necessary to pass radio messages..? Don't we already know how to do
that..?

Or am I missing something..?

73 Ivor G6URP