Old March 19th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Upgrade to Extra using 2001 License Manual?

On Mar 18, 3:30�pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 18, 11:24?am, Rick wrote:
Is the 2001 ARRL Extra Class License Manual still sufficient for taking
and passing the current (2007) Element 4 written, or should I spend the
money for a newer license manual?

* I would suggest just going towww.ncvec.organd downloading
* your choice of the current Extra exam and/or the one that
* will go into effect in July of this year. *You can then look them
* over and see what you need to study more. *The changes
* might be slight such as the regulations (affected by the
* restructuring of 2000?) but the VEC might have changed a
* few "distractor" questions...:-)

* Be aware that the Extra written element has about sixteen
* times as many quesions as the minimum ten required by
* the FCC. *That is, to me, highly commendable of the NCVEC.
* It is now more difficult to "memorize" everything on a test.

The General class pool changes July 1, 2007. *The Extra will not change
until July 1, 2008.

The effectivity dates for the current Extra question pool a July 1, 2002
until June 30, 2008.

Thank you, Dee. Correction noted. I took and passed all
three on 25 Feb 07 so I guess my memory just crossed
it out on effective dates of exams. :-)

73, Len AF6AY