Old March 29th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default PRB-1 and CC&R's

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:15:40 EDT, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

If I put up a 70 foot tower (the maximum level below
which local authorities cannot regulate in Oregon) it and
I will certainly become known to my neighbors!!

70ft and they can't regulate..?! Wow, things are certainly different your
side of the water..! Here in the UK it varies depending on where in the
country you are,

As it does here. The Federal requirement is "reasonable accommodation
by the least restrictive means" for heights suitable to conduct the
desired communication. In addition to the Federal standard, the
various states have also enacted nearly-identical statutes (local
authorities and courts are much more comfortable dealing with state or
local requirements as compared to the exact same thing imposed by the
"Great White Father in Washington"! g

Oregon is only one of two (I believe) states whose statutes specify a
height up to which "reasonable accommodation" is presumed by operation
of law.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel