Old April 26th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Pat Cook Pat Cook is offline

Default How Many Of Us Are Hams & OTR Lovers

Hi everyone:

The reason I ask this question is because I'd like to build a concensus as
to how many of us in the OTR (Old Time Radio) community are Hams.
Conversely, I'd like to build a consensus as to how many of us in the Ham
community are lovers of OTR shows.

The reason behind this is simple. I'd like to consider starting up a
loosely-formal net on EchoLink that's devoted to OTR. The premise would be
anything related to OTR or radio in general.

As for what would be allowed for non-Ham participation, we could set up a
live audio stream (I can do this with no problem) so that people can at
least LISTEN to the net, though what I'd like to see happen is the
possibility of using Skype as a virtual "phone patch" as it were (There
shouldn't be a problem with Third Party traffic rules as far as I can see if
they're properly followed).

Problem with this though is whether the EchoLink admins. would consider such
an integration to be an acceptable use of the system or not (My bet is that
it probably would not). But I'll ask anyway.

I'll also ask this of the EchoLink group as well, but I'd like to hear your
thoughts.

Cheers & 73 to all the Hams in the community

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Denver, Colorado
Jeeper One Media - http://www.freewebtown.com/jeeperone/
KB0OXD Cybershack - http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/