Old April 27th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] groupk0hb@earthlink.net is offline

Default How Many Of Us Are Hams & OTR Lovers

On Apr 27, 3:21 am, "Pat Cook" wrote:

Ahh....But suppose the Ham was the one who initiated the contact? That
wouldn't be a virtual reverse autopatch. It'd probably be considered the
same as a traditional phone patch akin to what many HF operators use.

It doesn't seem analogous to me, so let me construct a model, so that
I can ask questions about that model.

In a traditional HF phone patch there are two licensed ham stations
involved. Station K1AAA calls station K0BBB in Denver and says
"Please patch me to my girlfriend. Her number is 303-555-1212."

K0BBB now dials up the g/f, connects her to his rig, and controls his
transmitter allowing her to talk (or not talk).

Where in Echolink is the equivalent of K0BBB controlling his
transmitter allowing the third party to speak, or more importantly,
cutting off the third party if they seem to be violating a rule?

73, de Hans, K0HB