Old May 18th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Edward Feustel Edward Feustel is offline

Default i need recommendations

"Dan" wrote in message
Im getting my shack started and need some input on a good sturdy mobile
for
2 meter. Ive looked at several alinco ones and like what I see. Also what
does everyone think of the icom v82 ht? Also is a 7 amp power supply
enough
to run a mobile?

I concur with the other's recommendation.

I use a Yaesu FT8800 and like the dual band (simultaneous reception and
linking) capabilities.
I could use a 440 low power ht to key the mobile and transmit at higher
power on 2 meters.

Because FM requires continuous power, I recommend that you have a power
supply capable of 15 amperes ICS if you plan to use it in your shack. If
you want to use it to power a 100 watt transceiver as well plus some
additional accessories, get a 50 amp supply, but in either
case, be certain to evaluate how much rf interference a switching supply
puts out.

Ed, N5EI