Old May 25th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default Gulf Coastal Software - QSLeCard new freeware

wrote in message
oups.com
This is a reply from Gulf Coastal Software

Simtel.net has just started using some kind of new
download program that is required
to be executed to get software from their site. I have
not tested it yet, so I don't know
what it does myself. It apparently executes a sub
program that subsequently downloads
the QSLeCard.zip. Simtel (owned by Digital River) is a
reputable site that virus scans
all software before placing them out for downloading.
You shouldn't have any problems
with software/freeware from Simtel.

Hmm. Maybe not, but any site that requires me to use an executable to
download from it is rather worrying in my view. Why should this be
necessary..? I have a perfectly good ftp client (which I paid good money
for, incidentally), what's wrong with that..?

73 Ivor G6URP