Old May 24th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Gulf Coastal Software - QSLeCard new freeware

Gulf Coastal Software

QSLeCard

Gulf Coastal has up loaded a new freeware QSL card creation program
at the address below. QSLeCard has many options including the
following:

1. Load in a QSL card background of your choice.
2. All data fields on card can be made transparent.
3. Choose to frame card and/or QSO data fields.
4. Choose to archive QSO information.
5. Choice of several fonts, font colors, and font styles.
6. Choice of several data field background colors if not transparent.
7. Output options:
Create GIF and JPG files for emailing QSL card attachments;
Copy card to clipboard; Print the card.

Card data includes -
Call sign
Name/address
73s
Pse QSL
Pse LoTW
Email address
(above field are can be moved around card)

Contact data entries include -
(contact data can be entered thru buttons or typed directly)
Confirming QSO with
Date
Time
(or) current GMT date/time
Frequency
Mode
Power
Signal report

[Note: Gulf Coastal has an enhanced free version of this program
wherein
the card should be ably to be sent directly from the QSLeCard
program. This would eliminate the additional step of starting
an
email client and attaching the JPG to the email. Gulf
Coastal's
internet service provider does not provide pop3/smtp email, so
we have no way of testing the program (we have to use html web
based email). We need one or more volunteers with smtp email
(this is normal email service using an email client) to test
this
direct send feature and give us feedback as to it's success/
failure.
If anyone would be willing to test this enhanced version,
please
send an email to . We will send the
enhanced
version back as an email attachment (quite large attachment +/-
1.3 mb).]

73s
Gulf Coastal Software
(Please send bug reports/suggestions.)

http://www.simtel.net/search.php[action]search[authorName]Gulf+Coastal+Software[SiteID]simtel.net
(or go to)
www.simtel.net and search Gulf Coastal in search box. If not found,
search company name in

Old May 24th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

went there and can not find it afile name and a drirect lik would be nice

Old May 25th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

This is a reply from Gulf Coastal Software

Simtel.net has just started using some kind of new download program
that is required
to be executed to get software from their site. I have not tested it
yet, so I don't know
what it does myself. It apparently executes a sub program that
subsequently downloads
the QSLeCard.zip. Simtel (owned by Digital River) is a reputable site
that virus scans
all software before placing them out for downloading. You shouldn't
have any problems
with software/freeware from Simtel.

On May 24, 8:30 pm, Ken wrote:
In article , says... went there and can not find it afile name and a drirect lik would be nice

Hey Geep,

Be careful about this QSLeCard, I downloaded it and found an extra
extension.
The file is named QSLeCard.zip.exe - I send it to the virus vault.
The file size is 355.25 kb. and not 1.3 Mb like the author says.
This was at Simtel which sent me to a mirror site.

--
**************Separated Reply***************

_
Spammers will be assimilated.

Ken

Old May 25th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

wrote in message
oups.com
This is a reply from Gulf Coastal Software

Simtel.net has just started using some kind of new
download program that is required
to be executed to get software from their site. I have
not tested it yet, so I don't know
what it does myself. It apparently executes a sub
program that subsequently downloads
the QSLeCard.zip. Simtel (owned by Digital River) is a
reputable site that virus scans
all software before placing them out for downloading.
You shouldn't have any problems
with software/freeware from Simtel.

Hmm. Maybe not, but any site that requires me to use an executable to
download from it is rather worrying in my view. Why should this be
necessary..? I have a perfectly good ftp client (which I paid good money
for, incidentally), what's wrong with that..?

73 Ivor G6URP

Old May 25th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Excellent work! In just a few minutes of playing with it, I'm
impressed. One of the best freeware programs I've seen in some time.
The SIMTEL download site was a little cranky, but I Googled up this
download site which was easier to use.

http://shareware.pcmag.com/product.p...SiteID%5Dpcmag

One quick question ..... what is the proper size of the .BMP
background. I could tinker around and find out, but a little info
like that in the help file would be nice (unless a overlooked it).

Thanks for your work on this.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old May 26th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article .com,
says...
Excellent work! In just a few minutes of playing with it, I'm
impressed. One of the best freeware programs I've seen in some time.
The SIMTEL download site was a little cranky, but I Googled up this
download site which was easier to use.

http://shareware.pcmag.com/product.p...SiteID%5Dpcmag

One quick question ..... what is the proper size of the .BMP
background. I could tinker around and find out, but a little info
like that in the help file would be nice (unless a overlooked it).

Thanks for your work on this.

73, de Hans, K0HB

**************Separated Reply***************

Thanks Hans,
I'll try the program out.

_

Old May 26th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

I don't blame anyone for being leary of possible viruses.
Gulf Coastal Software

Usually when I do see a hidden extension like that, red flags go up.
Just habit, I guess.
The virus scanner caught it first.

Thanks Fred.

_
Spammers will be assimilated.

Ken

USA - New CW Coastal Station Authorized Mike Terry Shortwave 0 April 9th 05 10:16 AM
CHP Coastal Blue Steve KC6IJM Scanner 1 June 17th 04 02:59 AM
Ham Radio Deluxe FREEWARE CAT/PSK31/Mapping/Sat tracking software Igor von Uberwald Equipment 0 November 19th 03 06:53 PM
Ham Radio Deluxe FREEWARE CAT/PSK31/Mapping/Sat tracking software Igor von Uberwald Equipment 0 November 19th 03 06:53 PM
UK Coastal Stations Map Robert Maskill Shortwave 0 October 31st 03 06:37 PM