Old September 17th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default The "Diamond Terrace"

Dave,

I understand the feelings, but I think that there is more to the
"Diamond Terrace" than just a bunch of bricks that folks walk on. I
believe that the point of this idea is to help fund the ARRL and not
just to put bricks on the ground. There are a number of ways to
donate to the ARRL, this diamond terrace thing is just the latest
fundraising idea. (Which by the way doesn't originate with the ARRL.
I've seen this, get a special brick made thing, used for a number of
years.)

I really don't think the intent was to offend anybody, only to provide
a means of raising money for the ARRL. To that end I'm OK with it,
though I am unlikely to participate for many of the same reasons you
don't like the idea.

-= Bob =-

On Sep 17, 9:23 am, David Stinson wrote:

The ARRL "Diamond Terrace:"
There are several people I'd like to commemorate,
but the idea of putting their names under foot,
where teenagers spit their gum
and people wipe excrement off their shoes
is appalling beyond words.