Old November 13th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Linux for Hams

Kc4uai wrote:

For the folks that don't want to care about the Unix stuff, Ubuntu does
a good job of hiding a lot of that. It also has a "run from the CD" mode
that's kind of nice. You can run it without installing anything and see
what you think. If you don't like it, just take the CD out.

Where do you find the HAM stuff though? I've got a Ubuntu install that
I play with and I'd like to see what's built for it.

Under Symantec, you can open up some extra repositories. I think theere
is one more standard Ubuntu repository, and a "universal" one. There are
both finished apps and various engines for developers. There are a
couple more repositories that have proprietary drives also.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -