Old August 4th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default APRS and Igate

Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

A modern software that works with windows is AGWPE created by SV2AGW.
You can download it here http://www.sv2agw.com/downloads/default.htm
This site tells you how to use it http://www.kc2rlm.info/soundcardpacket/
73 de Dick, AC7EL

Plus the APRSPoint software has a software TNC. If software TNC is all
that is desired, it is overkill, but for a complete setup, maps, dots,
and internet or RF station placement, it is pretty good.

Around 50 dollars for the program by itself, around 70 for the Programs
plus MapPoint.

Only problem I had was when I changed my call sign, it wouldn't work
for me. An email to their support fixed that in a couple hours. Service
is good.

note: I am not affiliated with APRSPoint in any way, and the above is
just the musings of a happy customer, and not an invitation to buy or
sell the product.

- 73 de