Old September 30th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Radio path prediction

This is a sort of follow-up to my post on 80 meter verticals, but in
reading AC7EL's reply, I realized I may be (excuse the expression)
barking up the wrong tree.

I am content with ragchewing to locals on 80, but I also want to have a
reliable path to my brother's QTH, so the question is really "How do I
choose the best band for QSO's from Boston to Washington, D.C."?

Now, obviously, this is a complex topic, but I'm looking for other hams
who've set up similar paths: about 450 miles, IIRC. It's just outside
the range I'd expect from a "NVIS" dipole on 80, but might be short for
40. If you've dealt with similar path lengths, please chime in.

TIA.

73,

Bill W1AC

--
Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address for direct replies.)