Old January 6th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jeff Davis[_3_] Jeff Davis[_3_] is offline

Default New club for Morse enthusiasts

On 2010-01-06, Bert Hyman wrote:

Exclusive? How so?

Nobody has to be invited to actually use CW on the air. Membership in
this or any other club is not required.

True, however, 'exclusive' is implied in the bylaws that call for nomination
for membership, pop tests to prove competancy, etc. It's just another form
of cronyism by a handful of folks not happy that the hazing requirement to
obtain HF privileges has been removed.

Nothing wrong with it but the result will be the same hundred old guys who
all belong to the same tired hundred clubs all with the same stated purpose
of "saving" ham radio by protecting and promoting Morse.

Been there, done that, got the shirt and it still doesn't work...

If people don't use CW, it's because they don't want to, not because
someone won't let them.

Also true. Now if I could just make a few contacts without being shaken down
for my FISTS, SKCC, NAQCC, etc, etc, etc, numbers....

73,
--
Jeff, KE9V