Old April 16th 04, 04:31 PM
Anthony Matonak

Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\" wrote:
"Anthony Matonak" wrote in message
You could chose to eliminate chicken as well as beef, eggs and dairy.
I'm no expert in either nutrition or food prices but I think you could

[snip]

The price penalty becomes even greater when you purchase food products
that eliminate meat such as silk and soy bean and tofu meat substitutes.
It's a matter of supply and demand; most people don't buy these things,
so the prices are higher.

The price penalty is only on items that try to replace or substitute
for meat (and often failing miserably). If you simply purchase items
such as beans, rice, grains, nuts and so forth, as they exist in
nature (or at least, supermarket shelves) then their prices become very
low.

You can always find the most expensive or least energy efficient way
of doing something but that doesn't mean that is the only, or even the
most common, method in use.

Anthony