Old June 11th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Dick Grady AC7EL Dick Grady AC7EL is offline

Default Webinar on How to Use the New ARRL Web Site

Steve,

I agree. It is bizarre that people would need a webinar to learn how
to find stuff. The old site wasn't broken. "If it ain't broke, don't
fix it." It's just like when Microsoft or some other software
company comes out with a new and "improved" program or operating
system. You have to learn how to use it all over again.

And many links on the site don't work.

How come only Midwest Division members get to have a webinar?
What about us out West? Or New Englander? Or Southerners?

Yesterday, I tried to use the Field Day site locator to locate Field
Day sites. The search function didn't work. But I was able to
mouse-drag the map to the area I wanted.

Dick AC7EL

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:38:46 EDT, Steve Reinhardt
wrote:

Is it just me, or does it seem wrong somehow, that you need a webinar to
teach you how to find stuff on a website? Especially since all the stuff
was easy to find in the old, lame, outdated website that just did it's jo
b?

Could someone help me to understand the philosophy here?

73,
Steve
W1KF

On 6/9/2010 9:56 AM, ARRL Members Only Web site wrote:
Midwest Division ARRL Members have been invited to attend an online
Webinar on How to Use the New ARRL Web Site. The Webinar will be on
[ snip ]