Old July 8th 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
ai8o ai8o is offline

Default Station Equipment - Comfort - Chair recommendations

On Jul 7, 1:09 pm, "R.Scott" wrote:
My ham station is lacking in a good chair for operating. I'm using a
kitchen chair right now as the inexpensive to moderate chairs just
wont stand up to heavy use and Weight.

So what Moderately priced chair do you use in the ham station that has
a weight load of 300+

Scotty W7PSk

Office chair with arms, that I found in the dumpster at the local
county courthouse just after news years 1999.
Mechanically well built, but the fabric covering on the arm pads and
the seat was torn, and the inner foam rubber padding was showing thru.
the chair was in good mechanical shape otherwise.
I still use it daily.
Total cost: about 25 cents for gas ( at that time gas was 86 cents a
gallon)