Old July 22nd 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default 20 meter delta lop

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:55:59 +0100,
wrote:

thanks for the input good fellows!
I'm obviously just playing around here.
I have looked round on the net and it's a cobweb antenna I was headed for.
I had the idea explained to me, but until I saw it, I had NO IDEA!
now it a tad clearer.

http://www.g3tpw.co.uk/

here is the website I found. clear as mud now... thanks again.

First, the design you are looking is NOT a loop (nor loops).

The design you are looking is NOT a beam.

The design you are looking is NOT directional.

Aside from that, it has been around for a while, and satisfies many.
You may be one who would be happy with it, but that is obscure until
you tell us what you want to achieve without trying to shoe-horn in
presumed solutions.

The simple explanation for the design you have linked to is that it is
a "Fan Dipole." The fan is found in the common feed point (at the
left) supporting paired wires for each band spreading (fanning) out.
What makes it unusual is that it is wrapped into a box-like footprint
(without the ends meeting, look closely at the photo). The wrapping
also changes the usual dipole radiation characteristic from dipolar
(radiating in two major lobes) to nonpolar (radiating in all
directions).

Do you have a call sign?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC