Old August 2nd 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Passaneau John Passaneau is offline

Default Rawbolt size for standdoff bracketts + ali pole

On 8/1/2011 8:29 AM, Dave wrote:
Hello, I'm about to fix a 20 foot aluminium pole to a couple T+K
standoff brackets about 1.5meters apart and standoff about 16 inchs I'm
wondering what size of Rawbolts to use ?? I'm think 12mm ??? Oh yes on
the pole would be a 2/70cm co-liner and a 66ft longwire on a pulley no
great size or weight

Any advise links would be good !

Thanks

I think that 12mm will be just fine. I'm in the US and some of your
terminology is a bit obscure to me, in particular "rawbolts" and "T+K
standoff". But I'm bilingual, I speak inches and meters so bolts of that
size should hold that short of mast up just fine if the standoffs are up
to the task.

John W3JXP