Old September 17th 11, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
clifford wright clifford wright is offline

Location: helensville new zealand
Default Anyone with experience of the VK5BR noise canceller?

Doug White wrote in
:

Thanks Doug I will follow that up.
After all the chips only cost $5 each so paying up to $10
for an adapter wouldn't be too high a price to pay, it saves so much
trouble. I'm 71 and I surprised myself in that, I was, in the end able to
wire all 24 pins. I'll have to redo a few though and I'm very concerned
about the durability of the joints under vibration as it is an electric
bike controller for a BLDC sensorless electric motor.

Atec77. I'm a bit puzzled about your response!
The whole idea of the system is to reduce the QRN we get around here from
nearby elderly 11 Kv power lines above ground.
W have underground power in our subdivision but the crud is (We have tested
it) radiated from the lines themselves.
Obviously it is MUCH easier to null out local stuff like this than randomly
phased and levelled long distance signals. That is what VK5BR set out to
do, with some success.
When I have my new delivery of toroids I will try out my theory on the
tuned phase shift network on the noise amplifier. If there is a notable
difference I'll post it here.
Best Regards Clifford Wright ZL1BDA ex G3NIA.