Old September 28th 11, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default LDG Z11 Pro II tuner with an Icom IC-761

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:26:36 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:46:44 -0500, Jeffrey Angus
wrote:

Recently acquired an LDG tuner. Nice part.
I'm looking forward to the not having to twist knobs every
time I change frequency.

Ok, you're lazy.

It comes with an adapter cable for Icom radios, but it's a
4-pin Molex connector and the manual doesn't show what the
connections/signals are for the radio.
Anyone out there connect this tuner to an IC-761 already?

Buy or clone the LDG Icom interface cable. The IC-761 supports the
Icom AH-4 antenna tuna, so it should work:
http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/13/23/1
The warrany on this advice expires after you read this message.

Schematic:
http://www.ldgelectronics.com/assets/images/products/cables/IC%20cable.jpg
Alternate source:
http://www.cheapham.com/products/LDG-IC%252dPAC%252d6-Icom-Interface-Cable-%252d-6-Foot.html

Hmmm... why do you need an antenna tuner? Can't you build an antenna
that's close to 50 ohms? Or, are you like me and just hang any random
length of wire in the trees and hope for the best?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D