Old October 1st 11, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,talk.politics.guns,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy
RD Sandman RD Sandman is offline

Default Small gun, the serious protection you need ...

Gray Guest wrote in
4.100:

RD Sandman wrote in
:

Fair enough.......I have, as mentioned, three of the SP-101s and none
of the derringers.....although a friend of mine has about 10 of them.
He isn't thrilled about shooting them either.

I shot an SP-101. Once. There is no reason to subject yourself to that
as there are equally effective gun/cartridge combos that are far less
painful.

Huh? The SP-101 is a relatively heavy gun for a snubbie. That is one of
the complaints about it. If you think it is vicious in recoil, you
really should stay away from any of the Scandiums from S&W, or the
titaniums from Taurus. Keep in mind that in those light guns, most folks
shooting .357 Mags, fire once, think "Holy ****!!", fire another time and
by the third round are looking for the exit.

To me, there are several poly semi autos in 9mm that the recoil in is
heavier than an SP-101 in .357 Mag. Hell, the SP-101 in .327 Federal
feels like a fart compared to a windstorm.

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

WINE - Does not make you FAT....it makes you LEAN....
...against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people...