Old October 3rd 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike M. Mike M. is offline

Default Grundig G3 Versus Grundig G5 ?

On Oct 3, 10:48*am, " wrote:
On Oct 3, 5:57*am, "Mike M." wrote: Anyone *have a preference?
Thank you,
Mike M.

I have a G5 that I got on sale. *As a receiver, it is fine, but I
would not describe its operation in its various modes as intuitive: *I
always have to refer to the manual to get it back to the way I want
it. *I bought it to be a travel radio, and it does this poorly. *There
is no master power switch (like on my various Sony 7600s), so the
radio can get switched on accidentally while it is packed away. *And
the roatry tuning knob is not very securely attached, so mine has
fallen off several times while packed amongst my clothes. *I suppose
the G3 would have similar operational features.

Again /thank you for your reply.
Mike