Old October 21st 11, 05:37 PM
David2251 David2251 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Cheshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Jumper View Post
The problem is that the TS 2000 is a compromise between a HF and a VHF radio and it is not the best receiver possible for your purposes.

There is some issues in all of those models and you were lucky that yours quit working while it was still under warranty.

Your problem is a known problem, but the problem is that it does not happen to every one made.
I would imagine that they replaced the board with the microprocessor with a replacement board, not new, but reconditioned and that they had done some type of update to the software that controls the radio.

If you are scared that the radio is going to quit working, then I would sell it now while it still works.
But if all you use it for is to check in on the local 2 meters repeaters and make a couple of contacts on the HF and don't care how sensitive the receive is - it should be find.

Eventually something else will happen to it and eventually Kenwood will replace it with a updated version that does not have the same capabilities.

The problem is there is a lot to go wrong in such a small box that it is a matter of time until something happens again.
Thanks for the info. I spent a lot of money on this rig and I am disappoint that it is not as reliable as it should be. I will probably keep it until the warrantee is finished and then look at trading it in for something better.

I think I will do a bit more research next time!